EFFECTIVE UTILITY MANAGMENT CERTIFICATE
What our students are saying . . .
American Water College and California State University, Fresno have collaborated on this program in order to accomplish the following goals:
- Provide Industry Specific Management Training
- Provide Affordable Leadership Training
- Provide a Blended-Learning Program
Through the combination of online learning and classroom training events, you will gain the skills and knowledge you need to become an effective leader in your organization.
Who it’s for
This Effective Utility Management Certificate Program is designed for:
–The industry professional interested in becoming a leader in their organization
–The supervisor looking to gain new skills and knowledge in the art of leading
–The manager ready to take their management to the next level
Students can enroll in the California State University, Fresno Division of Continuing and Global Education and receive a certificate for each module. Additionally, each module will be added to the student’s Professional Development transcript. Upon completion of all six modules, the student will receive the Effective Utility Management certificate.
This Effective Utility Management Certificate Program will:
- Give you industry specific knowledge in the areas of leadership and management.
- Distinguish you from other job applicants by showing a commitment to learning and improving your management skills.
- Allow you to obtain optional certification from California State University, Fresno.
Effective Utility Management 1
Module 1 is for anyone in a leadership position at a utility. This course will teach you how to put management and leadership skills to work for you and your organization.
- Leadership Development
- Performance Management
- Leading Change and Transition
- Resolving Conflict
- Leading High-Performance Teams
Effective Utility Management 2
Module 2 consists of a series of skill-building sessions, specifically designed to help you become a more effective manager and leader in today’s changing business climate.
- Leadership and Influence
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Creative Problem Solving
- Critical Decision Making
- Coaching and Mentoring
Effective Utility Management 3
Module 3 is designed to help the utility managers continue expanding their leadership capacity as well as that of their staff.
- Five Levels of Leadership
- Knowledge Management
- Workforce Development
- Succession Planning
- Emotional Intelligence
Effective Utility Management 4
Today, the water and wastewater industry is more complex than ever before. As our industry changes, there is a strong need for effective leadership.
- The Regulatory Process
- Utility Management Competencies
- Utility Strategic Planning Basics
- The Continuous Improvement Process
- Utility Accounting
- Utility Money Management
- The Budgeting Process
- Setting Utility Rates
Effective Utility Management 5
This second module covers advanced topics relating to the effective management of modern water and wastewater utilities.
- Operations Management
- Maintenance Management
- Capital Improvement Management
- Construction Design Process Management
- Construction Process Management
- Leveraging Information Technology
Effective Utility Management 6
This third module on effective utility management shows you how to use the Balanced Scorecard approach to utility management.
- Introduction: A Balanced Scorecard
- Training and Communication Planning
- Developing Your Mission, Values and Vision
- Mapping Out a Strategy
- Developing Performance Measures
- Creating Organizational Alignment
- Tracking and Reporting Results
- Sustaining Strategic Success
- Select the course above and self-enroll
- Call our office at 661-874-1655
Because affordability is important to us, each class costs only $499.
You may enroll in each class individually, and spread out the cost over the entire course of the program.
Everything you will need to complete the course, including all books and materials, is covered by your enrollment.